SCARECROW DROP OFF HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THURSDAY 9/29! Register NOW!
We know there are some pretty creative people in our community & we want to show you off! Register now to enter your scarecrow creation into Spring Mountain’s First Annual Scarecrow Contest. You can enter as a Group (Family, Workplace, School, Sports Team, Neighbors, etc) or as an individual. $20 Entry fee per Scarecrow. Scarecrow Drop has been extended to 9/29 – more details emailed to registrants.
Scarecrows can be spooky, funny, cute, old school or something we’ve never seen before! Scarecrows will be on display the full month of October during Scream Mountain for the community to view & vote on. There will also be online voting available.
1st Place Winner – $250 Cash PLUS your choice of one Spring Mountain Winter Season Pass or a $400 Spring Mountain gift card
2nd Place Winner – $150 Cash plus your choice of 4 Pack Lift Tickets & Rentals or an Ice Skating Party for 10 people
3rd Place Winner – $100 Cash plus Your Choice of 2 Lift tickets or 4 Ice Skating Tickets
A FEW RULES:
- Spring Mountain is a family-friendly establishment & reserves the right not to display an entry that is deemed offensive, controversial, inappropriate, religious, political, or poorly constructed and may remove entries based on guest complaints or damage.
- Your scarecrow must be weather-resistant and sturdy in order to qualify for displaying and judging. During the time that your entry is on display, you may make any necessary repairs to keep your scarecrow looking its very best. Spring Mountain reserves the right to remove any scarecrows that deteriorate due to weather.
- Spring Mountain is not responsible for any scarecrows on display.
- Scarecrows must be picked up by November 5th. After that time, they become the property of Spring Mountain
– A strong idea is key. Sometimes the best entries are the simplest, yet most recognizable.
– Craftsmanship can make or break the overall look of a project.
– Stuff your straw into pantyhose to keep it in one place! Experts can sew the pantyhose for shaping.
– Weatherproofing: Your scarecrows will have prolonged exposure to all kinds of weather. Make sure to seal porous materials, such as papier-mâché, with a water-repellent spray (3M or Scotchguard)